Sunday 8 August 2010

Dreaming

Not much economic news in the last few days but I never intended for this blog to be just a summary of the news. My intention is to record my feelings as the news unfolds.

Last night I had a dream that was incredibly symbolic. I was in a fantastic garden that was on the coast but because the garden was slightly sloping upwards it wasn't clear from the house whether the edge of the garden was a sheer cliff face drop or whether it was just a few gentle steps down to the beach. Once you got to the edge of the garden you could see that it was indeed a sheer drop down to the sea. In the dream I remember that when we bought the house the previous owner had warned us about the drop but it hadn't really registered.

The dream represents my life at the moment. We are in a great place (even though the house is fairly modest and no more than we deserve having worked hard all of our lives) but there is a huge danger that thing could go wrong if interest rates rise and house prices fall. We were aware of the danger when we took on the project but it didn't really register, I suppose we wanted the house so much that we were a little blinded. I like to think that we took a calculated risk but I am not entirely confident about the finer detail of our calculations!

No comments:

Post a Comment